Proceed south, left, out of the parking area down Rochford Road. Some rolling climbs
and smooth decents will take you past the Englewood Cemetary and Lead Country Club.
A good climb takes you toward the historic location of Dumont about 5 miles into the
ride. Aspen forests flank you as you make your way toward Nahant. A sharp chicane
is followed by a short roller and a longer descent. A short climb is followed by a
second climb before the final open valley that takes you into Pennington Country and
down toward Rochford.
Once in town turn left on the Mystic Road and take it to the end for an extra mile on
the odometer, the pavement ends abruptly at the bottom of the switchbacks.
Climb back toward town and stop at Moonshine Gulch to say hi to Betsy and fuel up on
water or snacks. The first three miles out of town are uphill, and the climbs are much
longer than on the way down.
- Approximately 30 miles
- Rolling terrain, hilly, fast drops
- Predominately downhill to Rochford with a few climbs
- Predominately up from Rochford with a few decents
- Rochford can be significantly cooler
- Sites: The town of Rochford, Dumont, Beautiful Pasteurs, the Mickelson Trail