Deadwood Bicycles is located in the original Burlington Railroads
Engine House. The surrounding area served as Chigaco, Burlington
and Quincy Railroad Yards from 1890 to the 1980's.
Although the building was reduced in size, and many others removed from
the site in the 1950's, from 1993 to 1995 the City of Deadwood's Historic
restored portions of the building and created the Railroad Museum within.
The museum contains information of railroading in the Northern Hills
as well as a portion of the rail line which is now the Mickelson Trail. An electric
switch engine used at Homestake is still confined within the building and serves as a
T2 Mallet Locomotives
Roundhouse: North of the Engine House, constructed 1895
Turntable: Northeast of Engine House, manufactued by Lassie
Branch of American Bridge Company-Chicago, IL in 1900.
Removed from rail yard
1950, currently used at Boeing in Seattle, WA.
Machine Shop: Behind Round House, contained metal lathes,
drill presses, etc. to service engines.
Coal Storage Bins: Behind machine shop-stored coal for steam engines.
Sand House: Southwest of Engine and Round Houses, held large
quantitie of sand for traction on rails and for cleaning the stack.