Some of you have read that recently the Deadwood City Council has given
the Historic CB & Q Engine House at the Terminus of the Mickelson Trail
to the Deadwood Economic Development Corporation. In so doing, they began
a transaction that would see the Engine House become the new home to Coburn
First Western Insurance. First Western Bank will have space for lease in
the building on completion of construction which is set to begin in October.
At this time Deadwood Bicycles is standing by their ten year lease agreement
with the City of Deadwood, signed in 2002 by Mayor Francis Toscana.
Recent articles in the Black Hills Pioneer and the Lawrence County Journal have only brought to light that the city failed to notify Deadwood Bicycles,
and in no way suggest that the transition of the property to First Western
Bank has been stopped or altered in any way.
- Francis Toscana, Mayor City of Deadwood 605.578.2082
- Chuck Turbeville, Deadwood Economic Development Corp. 605.578.1876
- Shawn Rost, Deadwood Branch Manager - First Western Bank 605.578.1792